Wednesday, December 12, 2012

What the Heck?

And I really debated using the colorful version of that question.

This week has been horrible at work and home. Then on Monday the farm manager asked Mom "When is Jenna going to be moved? I have promised the field to someone with a couple of horses." What? Talk about pulling the rug out from under our feet. Mom told him Jenna was still being integrated into the mare herd and that right now she is lame so the process is slow.
When Rebel died, Gretchen basically told them to sell the field because Jenna would go out with ours. I knew that would come back to bite us in the butt. Why anyone would take her seriously when she is grieving I don't know. Anyway we asked about extending the sacrifice area for the girls into our front field. With three mares we wanted to make sure the area was larger. Getting it done would be fun, but in the long run would be easier on us. Today we found out the owner does not want us running a hot wire fence, because it will look bad. Argh!!!
Mom told the farm manager that without that extension, we did not have the room to accommodate Jenna. At this point they need to talk to Gretchen, who I do not think has been addressed, and get a timeline and hash out these issues. If all else fails, we can move the girls to the boys side, with the larger sacrifice area and run in, and move one gelding to the mare herd. This is not ideal because it leaves one gelding probably DaVinci to deal with Roscoe. Roscoe takes a lot of energy to deal with. We would have to make sure Jenna does not injure either of the geldings since she is bigger than them. The whole situation sucks.
The other big question is whether they will get use of the other barn too. We store Rosemary's cart in there and Gretchen keeps her food and hay there. So many things to think about and such a great time of year to deal with it all.

Ah, well back to work for me.  Fingers crossed this drama works out okay for all of us.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure it will all work out ok in the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a stressful time, I am sure that it will all work out in the end and you'll think it was so worth it even when it caused stress :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, do I ever feel your pain. I was told on Monday that I had offended someone over the weekend and needed to move my horses ASAP. So I spent all day Monday in an emotional mess trying to find a place I could keep my horses on short notice- only to be told on Tuesday that I could stay if I didn't show up during business hours. WTF! You couldn't have just said that in the first place??? If I weren't 7 months pregnant I would have moved them anyway, but since I am and there's hay I've had to suck it up and leave them there for now. Boarding SUCKS!

    Anyway, I hope your situation gets worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for ranting on your blog... *sheepish*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that is crazy. Mom and I are trying to keep under the radar in this situation so it does not come back on us. I just wish they had talked to us before selling the field. I will second your "Boarding Sucks"

      And no problem about the ranting. Am I horrible to say nice to know someone else understands? Ah the joys of horse ownership.

      Delete