Thursday, August 16, 2018

Trailer vs Mack Truck ... Nightmare

Thank you all for your thoughts on my last post. Unfortunately, things got worse today. DaVinci's eye was acting up again. He rubbed it like crazy Wednesday. Our vet could not come due to a family death and no other vet was available to come. So today they said to bring him to the hospital which is almost 2hrs away.

The time of the appointment meant that I could not make it. Mom and my sister loaded him up and headed out. The area was one we are not familiar with. So when I got a text from my Mom saying she killed my trailer I was worried. It turned out that what Mom thought was a four way stop was only a two way stop. When she pulled through the intersection the Mack Truck hit the passenger side of the horse trailer just behind the escape door. Mom said the stabilizer system helped keep the trailer upright.

Since they were only a couple miles from the vet's, the vet came and picked up DaVinci. Our poor boy who stresses at the vet was almost unmanageable. Mom was stuck with the trailer until the tow came. When they made it to see him, the vet said he fractured his eye socket.
DaVinci's guardian angel was working overtime

Considering the center divider curled around him, I think he did it in the trailer. He was fighting even with sedation. They did manage to xray him and the break is not fixable and there are fragments. They are managing his pain, giving him antibiotics and waiting for an opthemology consult. We had to leave him there tonight, which worries us deeply. Mom stressed to them that he is a worrier. They gave him ulcerguard and a small turn out. Hopefully he will settle tonight and not colic.

Please keep him in your thoughts! I will take a one-eyed DaVinci over losing him. Now I have to deal with the trailer claim and hope I get enough to buy another soon. With two shows and a clinic coming up this month, we are lucky Peggy has a trailer.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god. I am so sorry. What a nightmare. Hugs to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy shit. I'm so so so sorry! How terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that's terrifying! I'm so glad it wasn't any worse. Thinking good thoughts for you guys! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending jingles for DaVinci! (and your trailer)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So scary! I am so glad your mom is ok and I hope DaVinci holds in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! I am so, so glad it wasn’t any worse and I’m keeping DaVinci in my thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes, a living nightmares. My thoughts are being sent your way!

    ReplyDelete