Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Show on the Horizon

Next weekend is the second VA Welsh show. My goal this year was to take the Cobs to both VA shows, but I was a little hesitant to spend the money for this show. Each Welsh show earns points for the pony depending on how they place and what level show they attend. The whole point system is complicated and in my opinion not well set up. Any way, at the beginning of the year we arranged the ponies show area to be the South east and the breeder, the listed owner, wrote a letter making me the agent. This way the points they earn could at least qualify them for a regional award. After the Spring Fling show, the points finally posted. By this time we had transferred ownership and we were listed as the owners. I was surprised to see the points they earned listed as "Bad." There are different reasons points can be bad and most can be fixed, so I emailed the Society to find out why.
Two weeks  and a second email later, I was still waiting. I told the breeder that Roscoe would be showing solo and Rosemary could stay home. I do not mind supporting the Welsh, but I refuse to spend money on shows when the results, which I pay extra to be recorded, do not count for the ponies. The breeder called the Society and was able to get the mix up fixed, a paperwork error. So I decided to enter both ponies.
Today I mailed the forms and then got a message from the breeder saying she is unable to come. Darn luck!!!
So she has offered to ask around to see if someone can handle Roscoe for us. He is a bit too forward for my short legs to keep up with, but I will work it out if need be. I do not have the heart for line classes and unfortunately do not show them as well as the breeder. We shall see.

Saturday, we will clip them both and next Friday they will get their bathes. Then it is show time bright and early since, boo, the Sec. C/D always go first. We have not decided whether we will wait around all day, for the supreme class. Of course with the rain from Hurricane Issac coming that may decide it for us.

Horse Nation posted this picture and it is perfect for Roscoe's show prep: pulling his mane :)

2 comments:

  1. lol i like the little picture. I dont pull my horses mane because it is so thin but when i watch people do it it makes my head hurt just thinking about someone pulling my hair out with a little metal comb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like long manes, but my Mom prefers short so we compromise. Roscoe goes short and Rosemary stays long. I use a clipper blade most of the time on Roscoe because he tolerates it more, but he needs some pulled near the ears since it is thick. DaVinci falls asleep when I pull his mane, he is the exception.

      Delete