Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Product Review: Compositi Hot Spur Interchangeable System

 As we ask more of Roscoe in training, I found I needed more in the spur department. Mom bought me a set of heavy weight rowel spurs for about $35 from Dover. These spurs definitely got Roscoe's attention and helped when learning new lateral movements. But he seemed to overreact during transitions.




So I started looking at different spurs. Karrigan recommended buying lower end versions of different ones before spending a ton on one kind.





At one point I landed at Riding Warehouse and found the Compositi Hot Spur Interchangeable System for $29.95. One polymer spur with the option of five types of heads: Two Prince of Wales models, as well as a round, hammer, and smooth rowel.



When I received them, I worried about the durability and how well the head would stay on. Well so far, they are great. They fit on all my boots and the change is easy. I admit I put them on upside down by accident. Mom tried them and realized my mistake.

Now I can ride Roscoe in the rowel and then switch to the small rounds for Ember without taking them off my boots. My toolbox has expanded. Definitely worth the price.

8 comments:

  1. Very cool! I liked my Compositi stirrups I had for a while, so I can imagine these wearing well and being a good product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are neat. I started riding in a little nub spur, but like the idea of being able to switch easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the convenience and ease earn big approval points.

      Delete
  3. I've been curious about these! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I wrote this, I found the heads in different colors too. Also survived a curious Ember.

      Delete
  4. Well these are interesting....

    ReplyDelete