Wednesday, July 16, 2014

And The Verdict is...

It seems that I have sprained and maybe even partially torn my deep transverse metacarpal ligament. In normal words when Comrade pulled back on the reins he hyper extended the area between my pinkie and ring fingers knuckles nearest my palm.

My problem ligament

 So the doctor said it was a good news, bad news situation.

Good news: I don't need surgery. This type of injury, even a tear, does not need to be fixed.

Bad news: This injury needs time to heal.

I am almost wishing it was broke so that it would heal faster. After dealing with Barry's suspensory injury I know just how long it can take. At least I have a definitive answer now and the doctor actually manipulated my hand. I only have to keep the two fingers taped to prevent lateral movement. Now if only I could prevent bumps and bends. I am glad I ditched the splint since the wrap was more what I needed anyway. So keep your fingers crossed that when I go back in 3 weeks, things are feeling better.

1 comment:

  1. It's stall rest + cold hosing for you lady!!

    Glad you know what's up anyway - hope it heals up quick. :D

    ReplyDelete